The Difference With Us
We pride ourselves on not being your typical attorneys. Find out what set our firm apart.Read More
Our Pledge to You
From the initial consultation until the conclusion of your claim, we keep you informed.Read More
Our Firm Guarantee
Our goal is to secure the maximum disability benefits you are entitled to under the law.Read More
Workers' Compensation Laws
Learning About Workers' Comp Laws
Workers' compensation law is a vast subject and a Kansas City workers' compensation lawyer can explain how it applies to your particular case and which laws are particularly relevant. A basic understanding of workers' compensation laws, however, is very helpful as you navigate the workers' comp process.
Some of the fundamental laws of this field include:
- An employer is required by law to have workers' compensation coverage for his or her employees
- You cannot be fired or discriminated against for receiving workers' comp benefits or making workers' comp claims
- You cannot sue your employer directly for a work-related injury except in very limited circumstances.
- Workers' compensation may not cover you or will have limited benefits if your accident or injury occurred while you were under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or violating your workplace safety standards
- You may be reimbursed for your medical care and related mileage as well as receiving Temporary Total Disability Benefits (TTD), Temporary Partial Disability Benefits (TPD), Permanent Total Disability Benefits (PTD) or Permanent Partial Disability Benefits (PPD) as applicable
- Death and funeral benefits apply if you have lost a loved one due to an on-the-job injury
Kansas City Workers' Compensation Attorney
Being represented by legal counsel with a firm grasp of workers' comp law and the rights of injured workers is vital as you fight for just treatment following a work related injury. Furthermore, the attorney you choose can impact not only the amount of recovery and quality of treatment you receive but also the length of time and level of frustration involved in the process. Trying to work with insurance companies can be frustrating at best and may even involve severe injustices. The attorneys at Haight Stang, LLC have extensive experience in this field and are dedicating to fighting for your rights.
Contact a Kansas City workers' compensation lawyer to have an experience professional guide you through the workers' comp process.
We are more than pleased with the outcome of our case!- Cheryl S.
The highly compassionate treatment will help you through this difficult process.- Brenda K.
They kept me informed and worked for the best outcome for me physically and personally.- Jill H.
A definite blessing to me throughout the lengthy process.- Jeanie A.
Smart and aggressive, making sure that you aren't taken advantage of...- Chris R.