Haight Stang, LLC successfully helps the injured recover compensation they deserve.
Are you suffering from a repetitive stress or repetitive motion injury? A repetitive stress injury occurs when a part of the body experiences too much stress from a repetitive motion. The motion causes swelling and pain and can damage muscle and tissue. Repetitive stress injuries commonly occur in areas of the body such as the elbow, hand, wrist, forearm, shoulder, back, knees and shoulders.
Carpal tunnel syndrome is one of several types of repetitive stress injuries. The severity of the injury will determine the type of treatment that is needed, such as medication, treatment by an orthopedic specialist, or surgery. If you have a work-related repetitive stress injury, contact a Kansas City workers compensation lawyer to discuss filing a claim for workers' compensation benefits. Workers' compensation can cover the costs of your medical treatment and any lost income if you have been unable to work because of your injury.
What is a Repetitive Stress Injury?
RSI, or Repetitive Stress Injury, occurs from a motion that is repeated over and over. This can commonly occur in the workplace since we often spend the majority of our day working. While carpal tunnel syndrome is the most common type of RSI, there are several other types that also happen frequently.
Common repetitive stress injuries that are work-related include:
- Chronic lower back pain: Typically caused by constant bending and lifting, pain is considered chronic if it lasts for 12 weeks or longer.
- "Tennis Elbow", or epicondylitis: Named since it very common among professional tennis players, this condition is caused by inflamed tendons around the elbow.
- Trigger finger: A condition that causes pain, stiffness, and a locking sensation most commonly in the ring finger or thumb, but can happen to any of the fingers.
- Bursitis: This painful condition is when the fluid-filled sacs in joints become inflamed.
- Rotator cuff syndrome: The tendons and muscles in the shoulder become inflamed and painful due to overuse.
- Tendonitis: This condition can affect any of the joints. Inflamed tendons can cause pain and chronic discomfort.
Kansas City Workers Compensation Lawyer
When seeking legal representation for a workers' compensation claim, choosing the right attorney can make a difference in how your claim is resolved, including the amount of compensation you receive, the medical treatment you are given and even the aggravation a claimant often experiences when pursuing benefits. Haight Stang, LLC is a respected injury compensation firm that understands the complexities of the claim process and will provide unwavering advocacy throughout your case. Our lawyers are known for standing up to insurance carriers whose primary concerns are profits and the bottom line.
The workers' compensation system can be extremely impersonal and uncaring, regardless of a claimant's physical suffering. Our firm will never let anyone take advantage of you or your situation, and will provide steadfast representation throughout your case. We will make sure you understand all of your legal rights to compensation and aggressively protect your interests.
Testimonials from Real Clients
"Michael's knowledge and expertise in dealing with our case has been amazing."Cheryl S.
"I would recommend that anyone who is seeking representation with workman's comp to talk with this firm."Jill H.
"Mr. Haight went to bat for me and because of his experience, the situation has turned 180 degrees for me.Brandon
Nearly 50 Years' Collective Experience
AV® Rated by Martindale-Hubbell®
Modern Technology; Old-Fashioned Values
Focused on Each Client's Individual Needs
"Best of the Bar" 2015 - Kansas City Business Journal